Sunday, January 25, 2009

Improving the Back Side

Oh, you thought I meant that back side :-).
This is what the back side of the barn looked like when we closed on the property. There was an additional structure connected to this "porch" that was used as a spray area for their furniture business. They sold that to another Amish family & it wasn't part of the deal. The structure was on the cement blocks.
We used it as a loading dock of sorts at first.
It wasn't in our plans to keep it, so off it went.

The landscaping was done next. A new driveway was put in & everything leveled off.

Steve put in the new front door.
Then the windows (bathroom & bedroom) , Tyvek & insulation next. Then replacing the siding. We re-used some from a pile left
over when they built the barn & bought some additional from
Eli that he had in his barn.This was the noisiest part of the project.
Cutting steel siding is not something you want to do every day!

The finished product. The other doors are to, at the far left,
our current living area & the middle one is the shop area.

3 comments:

mmpaints said...

Holy cow! You got after it and it looks spectacular! Wish my projects came out that good. Way to go!

Edain: said...

This is looking great! Can't wait to see what else you get up to! :)

Barb and Steve said...

Thanks! It's really fun to put all the pics together from start to finish. Sometimes we get so busy, we don't take the time to stop & see what we've done.