Saturday, January 24, 2009

Afternoon at the Farm

Went down to get the mail. Just taking off my mitten for a few seconds to take a picture, my hand started hurting from the cold. Eli came over for a visit around noon. It's good to catch up with him on how the family is doing. Some of the things we talked about were buying & saving seed, the root cellar & their new puppy. We also talked about an Amish widow down the street who died last week. People came from all over to attend the funeral. Ohio, Minnesota, Canada. This is done by bus or train. The only time they all get together is for funerals or weddings. They write letters to communicate with friends & relatives the rest of the time. Can't just pick up the phone to call.

The sun is beating down on the solar panels. I just checked the temperature of the tank and it is 121 degrees.

I haven't got a lot of motivation today. It's it's so warm sitting here by the fire & Steve doesn't need any help on the stairs yet. I guess it's time to get out the knitting. I am determined to learn to make hats by next winter. Knit, purl, knit, purl.....

No comments: