Sunday, January 11, 2009

Busy Day

I had a busy Sunday at home in Illinois. There were three pumpkins left in the garage, waiting for me to cook them. I picked the biggest one & got busy. I ended up with 27 cups of mush from that one pumpkin! So I baked a pie ( 2 cups gone). The rest is going in the freezer & soup for lunch tomorrow.
I did a little folk art painting today...I meant it about getting a head start on Christmas this year.
For dinner, it was a brussel sprout dish that included apples & cranberries. It was really good & there is enough for leftovers.
We put the Christmas decorations away in the attic. Wish we had a basement to store things. It would make it so much easier to find everything. I am making part of the china hutches in the dining room into a pantry area. I'll post a before & after when I finish the project. Our small closet pantry is just too crowded to find stuff easily.
Can't wait to get back up to the farm...

No comments: