Monday, February 2, 2009

Shampoo No More!

Okay. My challenge is done. For a week, we have been washing our hair with baking soda & water. I won't go back to shampoo if my hair stays looking like it does now. I cannot tell the difference! My hair usually requires washing every day to look good. I have always had oily hair & it looked oily after skipping a day. I haven't used a cream rinse in quite some time but always felt I needed it in the winter with the dry air. I have to say that now, my hair is clean & not fly-away. I am so happy to report this! No more questionable chemicals being absorbed into my skin. In the past I have used an herbal vinegar rinse that I made. I used that every other day this week. I really don't see any difference when I do. If you are using "regular" products on your hair, I would try the rinse to get the build up out. For a simple vinegar rinse use either apple cider vinegar (which is quite strong smell-wise) or use white vinegar (organic if possible). Add water to it at about one part vinegar to 3 parts water. Rinse well.

Washing hair can be so simple & now cheap. With most people trying to save money now, I feel this is something to try. Please don't go to the dollar stores & stock up on cheap shampoos. The chemicals in those shampoos are terrible. Your skin is the largest organ in the body. Don't put anything on it that you wouldn't eat. (I know you are picturing yourself eating your lotion right now :-)

No comments: