Tuesday, March 2, 2010

No Change

Thanks so much for all the caring comments. She is still holding on. She is very strong willed and it looks like she will fight this until the end. Steve's dad is doing as well as can be expected. It has been a long ordeal for all of us. We stayed there last night as long as we could. Everyone is tired but we really don't want her to be alone. His dad is a diabetic and needs to take care of himself too. He is getting confused about the days & what is going on sometimes.  He has been going home at night so maybe a schedule needs to be worked out between the kids.
She seems very peaceful. They started to give her morphine yesterday in case there is any pain. Her lungs are filling with fluid so they have her on an oxygen mask . It just a matter of when she is ready.
My dad died over twenty years ago of a heart attack. Looking at her lying there reminds me of what we went through then. Medical technolgy has come a long way since then. Still, we aren't on this earth forever. Like it or not. And life does go on without us. I am hoping that being a caring, loving person is the memory that people will have of me when I am gone.
Yesterday as a distraction, I ordered more seeds from Seed Savers in Iowa. Also some transplants of peppers & tomatoes. When I get the chance I'll list the kinds I ordered...

Here are some pics from the weekend.
Eli & Lizzie's dog
Their sign at the end of the driveway
The first egg of theirs I cracked open

11 comments:

SkippyMom said...

I am glad the least the can do is make her comfortable and that all the kids are there. Take good care of Dad he needs you all so much, I am sure.

On a happier not - the doggie is a cutie and now I want farm fresh eggs [I swear I can SMELL that pic']

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

I´m sorry to hear about Steves mother. Now it´s just to wait and hope she´s comfortable.


I love the photo with Eli and Lizzies dog!
Take care now!
Christer.

2 Tramps said...

A loved one leaving is such a difficult thing. And aging parents are like a clock for us all. We were just visiting my Mom over the weekend and I was thinking about how lucky we are to still have her.

Thinking of you here out west...

JC said...

I am sorry that your family is going through this. I've lost both my parents, so I know how it goes.

I don't think I've ever had a double yoke.

And, the dog is just adorable ^,,^

Blondie's Journal said...

I feel so bad about Steve's mom and what you and the family are going through. It is a very emotional situation, but I am sure his mom is aware you are all there and that is how I would want it to be for myself.

Praying for all of you...

xoxo
Jane

Nekkid Chicken said...

))))Hugs and Prayers((((

Linda said...

The end sometimes takes a few days. It helps a lot if they seem to be resting peacefully.

Unknown said...

(((HUGS)))You guys are in my prayers. Lisa

jaz@octoberfarm said...

all you can hope for at the end is to slip away peacefully and i hope that is how she begins her next journey. i sure wish i had eli and lizzie next door with fresh eggs!

Judy T said...

Hugs to you and yours. Please be sure you take good care of yourself while you are busy taking care of everyone else.
Judy

Anonymous said...

It is such a stressful time when all you can do is wait and make sure she is pain free and comfy. Enjoyed Eli's puppy dog. He looks as if he's on a mission. Eggs look yummy. I love homegrown eggs. The yolkd are so so golden! Hopefully you all will get enough rest. Will keep you all in my prayers...debbie